2021 is the twenty fifth Anniversary 12 months of this weblog, however the place will we begin with 2020.
Despite being memorable for all the improper causes, it was additionally the 12 months that we moved into the new Automated Home 2.0. Thanks for the wonderful curiosity in our challenge, which meant greater than half of this years prime 20 are posts protecting the varied elements of our sensible residence self construct.
Our Amina invisible speaker setup made it into the prime 20 and it was definitely in demand over the Christmas Holidays as the household streamed their very own choice of music from their telephones.
Interest in Air Quality continues to develop and our evaluation of the Aranet4 made it into this years most learn listing too.
Our unbelievable Siemens sensible home equipment with Home Connect have had a full exercise over the Christmas break #BestTurkeyEver.
They have been a pleasure to make use of and we’re now on a 100% Renewable tariff too which means all the pieces is operating on wind and sunshine. Look out for the subsequent publish on these home equipment quickly.
As the first lockdown got here we reviewed the reasonably priced Tenda 4G to WiFi Router, an excellent backup choice to have available and it made all of it the option to quantity 6 this 12 months.
A particular point out has to go to Ubiquiti at quantity 5 for our wonderful community and safety digital camera setup. With 2 entries in the prime 20 you had been to examine this technique and there’s extra coming in the subsequent few weeks as we lastly convey FTTP to the AH2.0.
And of course to Loxone, whose Miniserver is the beating coronary heart at the centre of our absolutely built-in and complete residence automation system put in by Epitome Living.
With 4 entries on this 12 months’s listing it’s in all probability the facet of the home that I’ve answered most questions on over on our Instagram. Comments like this make all of it worthwhile.
Den makes it to the prime 3 once more, however at Number 2 this 12 months was our write up on our Vent-Axia MVHR system put in by Daily Renewables. Stay tuned for the follow-up publish on our Heat Pump coming subsequent week.
Maybe the solely good factor to return out of 2020 is the discuss of a ‘Green Recovery’. Certainly EV curiosity is mounting and our most learn publish of 2020 was the one 12 months anniversary comply with as much as my Tesla Model 3 evaluation entitled – “Why It’s Not As Good As It Was A Year Ago” (click on bait, moi? 🙂 ). We grew to become a two EV home maintain in 2020 with the petrol automotive traded in for a 2017 30kWh Leaf. Maybe 2021 will probably be the 12 months you turn too.
Check out your whole prime 20 beneath. Thank you as all the time on your assist throughout the final 12 months, wishing you all a Happy New Year – or at the very least, one which’s significantly better than 2020!
20. Exclusive: Loxone Flush-mounted Presence Sensor 1st Fitted in the Automated Home
19. Automated Home 2.0 – #25 Amina Invisible In-Wall Speakers – Part 1
18. Automated Home 2.0 – #24 Ubiquiti Networking Part 3 – airMAX NanoStation AC loco Wireless Network Bridge
17. Automated Home 2.0 – #28 We’ve Chosen Siemens Smart Appliances for our Home
16. Review: Aranet4 HOME Wireless Indoor Air Quality Monitor
15. Aurora AOne Smart Home Lighting System Works With SmartIssues
14. Loxone Reveal New Audioserver & Stereo Extension
13. Automated Home 2.0 – #23 We’ve Moved In!
12. Automated Home: Product Sources
11. Automated Home 2.0 – #16 The Wiring Has Begun!
10. Automated Home 2.0 – #19 To Burn or Not to Burn?
09. Automated Home 2.0 – #26 This LED Handrail Lights Our Stairs
08. Automated Home 2.0 – #22 How Much Does a Loxone Smart Home System Cost?
07. Automated Home 2.0 – #21 Wall Mounting Our Loxone iPad with PoE Texas Adaptor
06. Review: Tenda 4G680 V2.0 4G LTE Router with WiFi
05. Automated Home 2.0 – #17 Ubiquiti Networking Part 2 – All Our UniFi Hardware Has Arrived!
04. Review: TP-Link Kasa Smart WiFi Power Strip with USB
03. Den Automation Reborn as Den Switches
02. Automated Home 2.0 – #15 The Mechanical Ventilation Heat Recovery (MVHR) System
01. Tesla UK Model 3 Follow-up: Why It’s Not As Good As It Was A Year Ago
BONUS: Top 20 Products
Here are the prime 20 hottest objects purchased by way of our Amazon Affiliate retailer in 2020. This stays the simplest way so that you can assist this web site – many thanks.
01. TP-Link Kasa WiFi Power Strip
02. Philips Hue Smart Wireless Dimmer Switch
03. Seneo New Version Dual 2 in 1 Wireless Charger
Seneo New Version Dual 2 in 1 Wireless Charger, Apple Watch Charging Stand, Nightstand Mode for iWatch Series 5/4/3/2, 7.5W Fast Charging for iPhone 11/11 Pro Max/XR/Xs/X/8/8P (No iWatch Cable)
- Charging House for iPhone and Apple Watch : Seneo 2-in-1 wi-fi charger works as the good mixture of a wi-fi quick charger for iPhone 11/11 Pro Max/XS/XS Max/XR/X/8/8P or an Apple Watch Series 5/4/3/2 (Nightstand Mode accessible) charging holder. Gift for Apple followers
- Best bedside nightstand charger : The nightstand mode of Apple Watch is on the market with the watch charging holder for viewing time, date, and your alarm at a look conveniently. What’s extra, additional cable storage room in the backside retains it tidy by storing all the cable in
- More Than Wireless Charger : The two-coil wi-fi charging stand creates a extra steady charging expertise, intermittent cost or Overheating attributable to a mismatch wouldn’t happen anymore. Meanwhile, Seneo Wave Mat 193 works as a smartphone holder that cost your cellphone in two methods: Vertical charging in working time, the facial recognition is on the market and ship message simply; Charge your cellphone horizontally throughout the relaxation interval, watch a TV present or follow yoga in spare time.
04. Auraglow Super Bright Plug in PIR Motion Sensor
Auraglow Super Bright Plug in PIR Motion Sensor Hallway Living Aid Safety LED Night Light
- The Auraglow Motion Sensor Plug In Night Light is good for lighting hallways, landings, walkways and bedrooms
- The mild will mechanically activate once you cross inside 5 metres of the sensor offering a heat glow of mild for 30 seconds with every activation
- The mild will stay on while movement is being detected and the daylight sensor put in ensures the mild solely operates in darkness
05. Silicondust HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO
06. Drayton Wiser Smart Heating Radiator Thermostat
Drayton Wiser Smart Heating Radiator Thermostat Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT
- This radiator thermostat is simply designed to work alongside an current Wiser Smart Heating System with a Wiser Heat Hub. Replace your current radiator TRV valves to offer room-by-room heating management.
- Simply screw off/on current TRV radiator valves and exchange with Wiser sensible thermostats to develop your present system. Works with 90% of current valves. An adaptor to suit the Danfoss RA valve is included in each field.
- Add as much as 32 sensible radiator thermostats in as much as 16 totally different rooms/zones. Begin with 1 radiator thermostat and add extra over time. 1 Thermostat required per radiator for max consolation and power saving.
07. Tenda 4G680 300Mbps 4G Mobile Wi-Fi Router
08. DSLRKIT Active PoE Splitter Power Over Ethernet
09. Samotech Light Switch Cover for Hue Dimmer
Samotech® Light Switch White Cover (SM200)
- ✔️ Light Switch plate cowl for Hue Wireless Dimmer to permit becoming to plain UK & EU mild switches
- ✔️ Helps to aesthetically prohibit entry to a bodily mild change, thus stopping an unintentional switching off and maintaining Philips Hue bulbs related to the energy supply 24/7
- ✔️ Universal design and excessive compatibility with many wall mild switches starting from 80x80mm as much as 92x92mm in measurement
10. Add-A-Motor D80 Drapery Motor
Add-A-Motor D80 Drapery Motor, 520 g
- Affordable and straightforward to put in
- Automatic stops at full open and closed positions. Can additionally cease at any intermediate place
- In occasion of an influence failure, clutch permits material to be opened and closed manually
11. BG Electrical Double Switched Fast Charging Power Socket
BG Electrical Double Switched Fast Charging Power Socket with Type A and C USB Charging Ports, 13 A, White Moulded
- SLEEK AND SLIM WHITE MOULDED DOUBLE SWITCHED POWER SOCKET: From BG Electrical, has softly rounded corners and color matching fixing screws– combining high quality with trendy class
- TRUST IN THE SMART USB FEATURES: Which standby as soon as your system has absolutely charged and it may well additionally auto detect your USB system and modify its charging sample – making it appropriate for iPhone and android home equipment
- CONVENIENTLY ANGLED IN-LINE COLOUR CODED CAPTIVE SCREW TERMINALS: Makes it extremely simple to put in and to attach the wires, setting it up as one terminal – even with the addition of the USB ports
12. Lightwave Smart Relay
Lightwave Smart Relay, 500 W, Grey
- Control gates, curtains, LED strip and different electrical circuits from anyplace utilizing your smartphone
- Magic Button: set off your sensible relays from any Lightwave Smart Dimmer round your own home, no additional wiring required
- Can management volt-free circuits or mains energy as much as 500W
13. Drayton Wiser Smart Plug
Drayton Wiser Smart Plug & Smart Heating System Range Extender – Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT
- Easy so as to add to current Wiser methods and takes seconds. Add as much as 10 plugs per system and management alongside your heating through the Wiser Heat App (IOS and Android).
- Features a built-in vary extender to spice up sign to all of your Wiser gadgets. Ideal for bigger homes or homes with thick partitions the place sensible radiator thermostat’s could also be located additional away from Heat Hub. Typical vary of the hub is 25-40ft however depending on wall thickness.
- Set schedules 7 days per week with as much as 8 occasions per day permitting full automation. Full integration with Wiser app and can sync with Wiser’s Away Mode.
14. RJ45 Network Adapter + Coaxial TV Antenna Mount
15. Masterplug Brushed Steel Double Switched Socket with USB Outlets
16. Fibaro Single Switch/HomeKit
17. Philips Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor
Philips Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor, Compatible with Alexa
- Turns one or a number of lights on mechanically when motion is detected
- Resistant to all climate situations. (IP54)
- Various placement choices doable. The outside sensor is battery operated, and communicates wirelessly to the bridge, so you’ll be able to take it wherever you wish to detect motion. All the needed elements are included to mount it on the wall or in a nook
18. Philips Hue Smart Button
Philips Hue Smart Button with Wireless Control, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- What’s Required? – This product requires the ‘Philips Hue Bridge’ (bought individually) for preliminary setup.
- Installation-Free Control – Mount or stick the sensible button wall plate anyplace in your house and luxuriate in installation-free sensible lighting management.
- Portable Smart Button – Take the moveable magnetic button off the wall plate and management your sensible lights from anyplace in your house with a easy faucet of the button.
19. FIBARO Dimmer 2 Z-Wave Plus Universal Dimming Module
20. Drayton Wiser Smart Thermostat Kit
Drayton Wiser Multi-Zone Smart Thermostat and a couple of Smart Radiator Thermostat Kit – Conventional Boilers Only – Heating and Hot Water Control
- This equipment means that you can take full management of your heating and scorching water system through your cellphone on a room-by-room foundation because of the included Smart Radiator Thermostats. The Wiser App means that you can simply management your own home’s temperature room-by-room while additionally viewing your system’s warmth report from anyplace in the world.
- Suitable for standard boilers (2 Channel with separate scorching water tank). This equipment is not going to work with gravity-fed methods.
- This system can assist as much as 16 totally different rooms with 32 Smart Devices (Radiator & Room Thermostat) and 10 Smart Plugs, these might be added or eliminated as wanted.
Last replace on 2021-01-31 / Affiliate hyperlinks / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API